Center for interdisciplinary language research (ZefiS)
Prof. Dr. Monika Rathert
Bergische Universität Wuppertal
Dept.: German studies / Linguistics
Tel.: +49 (0)202 439 2374
Neurokognitive Poetik: Wie Texte Emotionen erzeugen
Prof. Dr. Arthur M. Jacobs von der FU Berlin spricht am 27.10. (das ist der Donnerstag in der... [more]
ZefiS- Kolloquium summer term 2015
The programme of ZefiS- Kolloquium SS 15 is here available. [more]
The lecture "Die Gegner [...] sind zur Sammlung und Offensive übergegangen. Sie haben die Begriffe besetzt." Zur Geschichte einer sprachpolitischen Metapher.
Martin Wengeler (Universität Trier) will hold a lecture about "Die Gegner [...] sind zur Sammlung... [more]
The lecture "Anwendungsbezogene Linguistik im klinischen Bereich" of Anna-Lena Scherger
Anna-Lena Scherger (Bergische Universität Wuppertal) will hold a lecture about "Anwendungsbezogene... [more]
anglicism and abbreviations
Online census about anglicism and abbrevations here [more]
ZefiS (Center for interdisciplinary language research)
The ZefiS (Center for interdisciplinary language research) bundles the manifold language-related interdisciplinary activities of the BUW.
It consists of 39 members of the following 6 faculties at BUW:
Faculty 1: School of Humanities,
Faculty 2: School of Human and Social Sciences
Faculty 3: Schumpeter School of Buiness and Economics
Faculty 4: School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Faculty 6: School of Electrical, Information and Media Engineering
School of Education.
The ZefiS is active within the following Teaching and Research Profiles of the BUW: mainly within the profile (d) LANGUAGE, NARRATION AND EDITING and (b) EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE IN SOCIAL AND CULTURAL CONTEXTS. Also important for us are (c) HEALTH, ILLNESS PREVENTION AND MOVEMENT, (e) ENGINEERING and (f) BUSINESS, INOVATION AND ECONOMIC CHANGE.
Our aims are:
1. Acquisition of external funding. Our members apply for an external funding of their research at organizations (DFG, EU, BMBF, business).
2. Organization of conferencess. The ZefiS organizes major international conferences and workshops in Wuppertal. The first large conference of this kind was the Autumn School of DSRI (German Legal Informatics Foundation) in September 2012.
3. Training early-stage researchers. The ZefiS offers training to its members who are early-stage researchers, i.e. who are gratuating or within their postdoc time. To this purpose, mentoring days take place on a regular basis.
4. Initiate cooperations. Members of the ZefiS establish long-term cooperations with European and international universities to exchange students and staff.
5. Public Colloquia. Each semester, the ZefiS organizes a public colloquium.
The ZefiS' rules of procedure are published here.